Friday, August 25, 2006

A Fair to Remember.

My wife and I were privileged to be able to volunteer for the Kennedy for Senate campaign on Friday at the Minnesota State Fair.

Along with two other volunteers we manned a booth designed just like a fishing shack (pictured below).


Posted by Picasa

Inevitably, we were heckled by a few of Minnesota’s finest kook fringe liberals. My favorite had to be a long-haired, earring-wearing man (who I mistakenly called “ma’am”) who approached the booth looking for a conflict.

The exchange went something like this.


Man: What party does this Kennedy represent?

Me: Well, it’s Congressman Mark Kennedy. He’s a Republican.

Man: Republican? Oh, how convenient that part was left out.

Me: (chuckling) I can assure you that it is not a secret.


At that moment, the DVD featuring Kennedy’s campaign ads broadcast the particular commercial which started with the line “I’m a Republican…”

How do you plan that one? Priceless!

The conversation continued.


Man: Where does he stand on impeaching Bush?

Me: Well, his website is
www.markkennedy06.com. Why don’t you look for yourself?

Man: (walking away) I bet he’d get a lot more votes if he voted for impeachment.

Me: Oh I don’t think so.


Typical lefty. He makes a baseless assertion yet doesn’t hang around to debate it.

The goal of the Kennedy campaign is to engage in as many public debates as possible with opponent Amy Klobuchar. I guess she has a tendency to “lose it” when backed into a corner.

It’s going to be another fun election season!

No comments: