Wednesday, December 01, 2021

Quick Hits: Volume CCLXVIII

 - Former University of Minnesota football coach Jerry Kill just accepted a head coaching position with New Mexico State last week. Kill's first game as NMSU head man will be in 2022 when his Aggies travel to.......Minnesota. And Kill is already anticipating the reception he'll receive


I’ll get booed out of that stadium, probably. I don’t know. It will be interesting. I’ve had several people let me know that we are playing Minnesota. I did not know that when I took the job, but we’ll go up there.”


Kill then engaged in what would appear to be some self-motivation. 

 

“I got a little chip on my shoulder,” Kill said. “… I want to show people that, hey, you counted the old man out. You’re wrong. I’m back.”


Uhhh....hey, Jer? The reason you were "counted out" is because in 2015 you resigned your post with the Gophers due to health issues, essentially saying you had nothing more to give. So if anyone "counted the old man out," you were leading the pack with that sentiment. 


But hey, whatever ya need to do to get yourself jacked up for a game. 



- The trial of actor Jussie Smollett, who is facing disorderly conduct charges in Chicago, began this past week. It's being alleged that Smollett faked being a victim of a "hate crime" in early 2019.


For a refresher of what transpired in January 2019, here is comedian Dave Chappelle with the pertinent details (WARNING - strong language): 





- Speaking of high profile trials, jury selection began this week for the trial of former Brooklyn Center police officer Kim Potter regarding her role in the shooting death of 20-year old Daunte Wright. 

If you want an early indication of how picking an impartial jury is faring, here's some interesting samples: 



 



 #KimPotterTrial JURY DEMOGRAPHICS:



Why the judge didn't dismiss #15 immediately as opposed to the Defense having to use one of their "strikes" is unfathomable to me. I'm not saying Potter won't ultimately receive a fair trial but to say it's looking to be even more of an uphill battle is an understatement.  


-----------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: