Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Vapid gun-grabber demagogues said what?

I've been on the social platform LinkedIn for more than a decade now. I, like most individuals who utilize the site, use it primarily for career networking. This was especially vital when I was working contract jobs that occasionally ended with little notice. While I am blessed to have had gainful employment with the same employer for nearly 5 years now, I will still peruse the site just to find out what some of my former colleagues are up to these days. 

Upon logging into LinkedIn last week, I came across the following post in my feed: 




I'm not connected to this person but that post appeared in my feed due to someone in my network commenting on it. Since I didn't personally know said commenter, I immediately nuked him (yes, he/him/his were the person's preferred pronouns 🙄) from my network. 

I was initially annoyed that such divisive political demagoguery showed up on one of the few social media sites I go to for a reprieve from that garbage. However, upon reading the post, the verbiage in that final sentence appeared awfully familiar, as if I had read it previously. After all, this seems like the typical bilge one might find on Twitter, right?

Sure enough, just two days earlier, token CNN "Republican" commentator Ana Navarro posted this: 




The gun-grabbers know they're on the losing end of this particular battle in the culture war, evidenced by emotion trumping cogency every single time. But for some to just flat out plagiarize others' vacuous talking points emphasizes how they have no intellectual acumen to engage in this debate. 

-------------------------------------------------------

No comments: