Friday, August 21, 2020

Keeping the proper perspective

I tweeted this out a month after Donald Trump was elected President in 2016: 





It's my way of saying that, regardless of who's POTUS, this world is not my home. I love the United States of America and maintain that it's (to quote Michael Medved) the greatest nation on God's green earth. But I refuse to live in angst over the prospects of radical leftist Democrats controlling all the levers of power. Quite simply, life on planet Earth is a whiff of time compared to eternity, so why would I invest so much emotional energy over concerns that my preferred political candidates may not win an election? 


With all that said, conservative commentator Erick Erickson perfectly encapsulates how I feel. You should watch. 


 



---------------------------------------

No comments: