Friday, October 04, 2019

It's here!

Postseason baseball is back for my Minnesota Twins club!

For only the second time in nine seasons, the Twins have earned a playoff berth. However, they will face their dreaded nemesis the New York Yankees in the American League Division Series, starting tonight. While I hope the Twins can ultimately slay proverbial dragon that is the Yanks' dominance over them, I'm just hoping they can garner a single victory. Currently the Twins are tied for most consecutive postseason losses with 13 (ten have come courtesy of the Yankees). That means a loss in Game One would give the local nine the all-time record.


I've been a Twins fan for more than 40 years now. I can honestly say that this team is by far the best I've seen in how they handle adversity. Even if they lose tonight I have no doubt that they can (and will) rally to take this series. Yep, I said it. The Twins will finally exorcise the Bronx Bomber demons by winning this series in four games!!

Am I going with my heart more than my head with this prediction? You could make a case for that. But I believe I can make just as compelling an argument for why the Twins have the advantage this series. Let's just say I'm going all in on my club this postseason.

-------------------------------------------

No comments: