Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Quick Hits: Volume IX

-I was in line to vote in the MN primary Tuesday before the doors opened at 7:00 a.m. As I approached the teller to give her my name, she asked for my address. However, I merely handed her my driver's license with all the information. She was delighted that I so kindly streamlined the process.

A photo ID check to find out if I'm registered. Hmmmm. There oughta be a law.


-My commute to my workplace is approximately 25 miles one way. Then this past week our CEO informed us we will be relocating our office to an area of Bloomington which will add 10 miles to my morning drive. As a result, I've thrown out not-so-subtle hints about allowing employees to work 2-3 days per month from home, since we can access all the files we need via our company issued laptops.

So when I went into his office for a meeting today, there happened to be a business periodical strategically placed on his conference table. The headline article was titled "The Perils of Flextime."

Talk about subtlety.....


-The one thing about putting in 50-plus hour work weeks this month? I haven't been snacking nearly as much. When I stepped on the scale today I saw I was the same weight as the day I got married ten years ago!

-------------------------------------------

No comments: