Saturday, April 17, 2010

Reunited, and it feels so good!!

With some utter craziness enveloping my work place, I was grateful to have a little break from the action at the end of this past week.

On Thursday we attended our first regular season Twins game at the new Target Field. Naturally I was ecstatic that the Twins trounced the Boston Red Sox, 8-0!

The view from our seats in the Home Run Terrace


But even better was the fact I got to enjoy the game with my lovely bride, my sister, her husband (whom I hadn't met in the 4-1/2 years they've been married) and my youngest brother Ben. The last time I saw Ben was September 1998 when he was a 22-year old Marine about to be married. Unfortunately, the marriage endeavor lasted only 16 months. Nevertheless, it was great to see my "little" bro (I say "little", but he's actually 6'5"!!) after so many years.

Look who's here!!!! It's my little bro!


As an added bonus, I had also learned that my long-time buddy Jon (along with his wife Amy) would be in attendance at Thursday's game. That too was a long overdue reunion, given that I hadn't seen them since their wedding day in March 1998. And if Jon ever told his wife about Spring Break 1991 in Fort Myers, FL (along with two other of our good buddies), she may have balked at such a reunion.

Me (far right) with my three best buds back in June of 1991


Me and my good buddy Jon. We've hardly changed a bit in 19 years, eh?


To top off the end of the week, I was proud to host a sibling reunion at our home Friday evening! There have been several occasions where there have been three out of the four sibs together. But all four of us have not been in the same room since December 1989 when our beloved grandparents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.

From left to right: Carly, Eric, Ben and Brad. Celebrating Grandma & Grandpa Carlson's 50th anniversary in December 1989.


From left to right: Ben, Eric, Carly and Brad. Hopefully we don't have to wait another 20 years for this photo-op





Yes, this past week was yet another reminder of how blessed I am to have the family friends I do.

-------------------------------------------

No comments: