Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Worthy of an Oscar?

I’m just finishing up lunch so I thought I would make a quick post.

I had trouble sleeping last night so I decided to flip on the TV to see if there was anything on that might sedate me. That's when I came across the 1993 movie “The Firm”, starring Tom Cruise, on Bravo.

It was near the beginning of the movie when Cruise’s character is hired at a prestigious law firm in Memphis, TN. He exclaims to his wife something like “Did you ever believe in your wildest dreams I’d be making $96,000 a year??!!!”

My immediate reaction was to wonder how many takes it required for Cruise to utter that line conveying such excitement. I mean, come on. $96,000 a year?

I bet he spent at least that amount on his banquet honoring his promotion to Operating Thetan Level 7 in the church of Scientology.

No comments: