Tuesday, October 11, 2022

I feel ya

I'm in the Seattle area for work this week. I was working in the office of one of my company's subsidiaries on Tuesday as many of the employees were attempting to be productive in the midst of their Seattle Mariners taking on the Houston Astros in Game 1 of the A.L. Division Series. 


Everyone was fired up as the M's took a 7-3 into the bottom of the eight. But the excitement turned to angst when the Astros cut the lead to 7-5 in the eighth. Then the angst to utter despair when Houston's Yordan Alvarez hit a 2-out, 3-run homer with two outs to give the Astron an improbable 8-7 win


I'm not sure it made people feel any better, but I explained to them that not only is my favorite MLB team not in the postseason but that they currently hold the record for consecutive postseason losses (one which is still active) at 18. In short, I told them I feel their pain.


-------------------------------------------

No comments: