Tuesday, November 02, 2021

I got a three word phrase for ya.

I'll be honest. I'm not really all that enthused about this "Let's Go Brandon" phase. If you don't know what I'm talking about, said phrase is a euphemism for "F*ck Joe Biden." While I admit to putting forth a good chuckle at how the "Let's Go, Brandon" chant came to fruition, it's become overkill at this point. You can call me a killjoy or prod me to lighten up all you want, but I just don't find this kind of "discourse" at all productive or helpful. 


Now, with all that said, as tedious as I consider the "LGB" chant to be, it pales in comparison to the overreactions emitting from leftists and their media cohorts. The fact of the matter is the vast majority of those people made nary a peep about the vile characterizations of President George W. Bush (e.g. "BusHitler", "Buck Fush," or "smirking chimp") or the fact there was a fictional film depicting his assassination. And while I couldn't fathom another GOP President could ever be more maligned than Bush, it was somehow vastly exceeded during the Donald Trump era (Trump was also the subject of an assassination fantasy). 


So for those of you who celebrated (or virtually ignored) all the vile invective thrown at GOP Presidents but are suddenly collapsing to your fainting couches over a three-word phrase not even containing a word the FCC would find objectionable? Well......I'd be a hypocrite if I uttered the three-word phrase which immediately comes to mind. 


------------------------------------------------------

No comments: