Sunday, June 18, 2017

Miss Minnesota 2017

For the third consecutive year I had the honor of co-emceeing the Miss Minnesota Scholarship Pageant. On Saturday evening, a new Miss Minnesota was crowned.


Announcing Miss MN 2017 from Zandolee Media on Vimeo.


I first met Brianna Drevlow last year when she was competing for Miss Minnesota 2016. I recall chatting with her a bit backstage a mere few hours before finals night. As a graduate assistant at Bowling Green State University as well as being a composer and freelance piano teacher, Brianna had options. She said as much during that conversation, indicating that she would give it her all in competition but that she would likely move on in life if not crowned Miss Minnesota. So when she finished first runner up last year, I assumed she was done despite having one more year of eligibility remaining.

However, in chatting with her this afternoon on my weekly radio program, she mentioned that upon finishing second overall she made an almost immediate decision to return. Sure enough, she won a local pageant in Northern Minnesota last September. When I learned of that victory, I immediately said that she will be the most formidable contestant in the 2017 group. My prediction was spot on as she performed flawlessly in the two preliminary competition nights as well as Saturday in the finals.

So within 17 hours of her crowning, Brianna stopped by the Patriot bunker this afternoon to chat about her title.







Congrats again, Brianna! I know you'll be a phenomenal representative of our state and, if the panel of Miss America judges have any common sense, our country!!

-------------------------------------------

No comments: