Friday, May 10, 2013

Inevitable

On Thursday afternoon, the MN House of Representatives voted to legalize same-sex marriage in this state. The measure passed 75-59.

This coming Monday, the Senate will also approve the measure. By this time next week, Governor Mark Dayton will have signed the bill into law making Minnesota the 12th state to legalize gay marriage.

I have used many words in this space conveying my opposition to this proposed law. However, within the past couple of years, it's become pretty apparent that gay marriage will one day be the law of the land. Regardless, I will never acknowledge that same-sex marriage is right for reasons you can ascertain in my previous writings on the subject.

In closing, I would like to share with you how my friend Walter Hudson summed up this battle upon the House vote being taken yesterday. He pretty much conveys my sentiments in a way I don't feel I could adequately articulate.


Minnesota Christians, today berated for being "on the wrong side of history," rest secure in their knowledge of the Author of History. We've read ahead to the last chapter, and know how the story ends.

Amen.

--------------------------------------------------

No comments: