Thursday, August 18, 2011

Closing out "The Closer"

As some of you may know, my Saturday radio show has been moved to Sundays, 2-3 pm Central on AM 1280 The Patriot.

I was informed earlier this week that Salem Broadcasting sold the 3:00 hour on Saturdays, something that did not come as a surprise at all. Back in mid-May, when I was initially offered the show, I was told by the Operations Manager that the goal was to have original programming on Sundays. However, I was allowed to hitch my wagon to the Northern Alliance Radio Network every Saturday until someone offered to pony up for the 3-4 pm time slot. As a result, the final installment of The Closer took place last weekend.

Since I will now be the only live NARN program on Sundays, it doesn't make a lot of sense to continue under the same show name. Since I'm probably one of the more uncreative people I know, I was simply going to call my new gig The Brad Carlson broadcast, in the motif of my equally unoriginal blog title. But thanks to my Facebook friends, specifically Nancy LaRoche of Freedom Dogs, a new title of the show has been selected. So on Sunday, September 11 (wonder what I'll talk about that day), "The Brad-cast" will make its debut!

In the interim, I will be making four weeknight appearances at the Minnesota State Fair starting next week. I will be on 5-7 pm on Thursday, August 25 thru Tuesday, August 30, with the weekends off. Be sure to stop by and say "hi!"

--------------------------------------------

No comments: