Monday, May 10, 2010

Mischke returns

Radio host Tommy Mischke, who was unceremoniously dumped by AM 1500 KSTP nearly a year-and-a-half ago, makes his debut this evening on AM 830 WCCO.

If there is a wing in the Museum of Broadcasting which features single greatest media interviews, Mischke's sit down with an expert on the wreck of the SS Edmund Fitzgerald needs to be recognized post haste. The entire interview consisted of Mischke actually singing questions to the tune of Gordon Lightfoot's famous song about the Fitzgerald shipwreck.

In his days at the old "Talk Station" I was a casual fan of Mischke, so I figured I'd tune in to his initial program on the Good Neighbor tonight at 10 pm.

But once I read this "tweet" from a certain bubble-headed, droning media hack, I will definitely tune out promptly at 11:00 pm.

----------------------------------------

No comments: