Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Michael Bolton sighting.

Another celebrity couple has called it quits.


Nicollette Sheridan and Michael Bolton are again going their separate ways, a rep for the actress tells PEOPLE exclusively.

"Nicollette Sheridan and Michael Bolton have amicably ended their engagement," said Nicole Perna. "They appreciate your respect for their privacy in this matter."

The couple's relationship originally started in 1992, and lasted for five years.




While I couldn't care less about Mike & Nic, seeing Bolton's name again in the headlines reminds me of a rather humorous anecdote.

When Bolton was at the height of his popularity back in the late 80s, early 90s, my mother was a HUUUUGE fan of his. So when Bolton came to town in the Summer of 1994, Mom and a friend of hers went to see him in concert.

I talked to Mom the next day to find out how she liked the show. "Oh, it was absolutely fantastic!! But I have to admit that the opening act was pretty good, too."

"Anyone I've heard of?", I asked.

Mom replied, "Well, I know I've never heard of her. It was someone named Celine Dion."

"Who?"

"I don't know. I heard she was from Canada."

------------------------------------------

No comments: