Thursday, July 19, 2007

View from the cheap elite seats!

My good friend Dave scored a couple of tickets to see the Twins take on the Detroit Tigers last evening. In my almost thirty years as a Twins fan, these were by far the best seats I’ve ever had. We were two rows back above the first base dugout. These weren’t just any seats mind you. These were the club level dugout seats where a waitress comes to take your order! In going with my customary nitrate stick Dome Dog and Diet Coke, the waitress brought it to me personally as opposed to handing it to someone on the aisle seat and having them pass it on down. She even opened my 20 oz. bottle of Diet Coke and placed it in the cup holder in front of me. Now that’s the way to enjoy a ball game!!

Alas, the Twins turned in yet another frustrating performance in a 3-2 loss. While I was disappointed in the outcome, I enjoyed filming some up-close video clips of the action.





Johan Santana gets Ryan Raburn to fly out to right field for the first out of the game.





Santana ends the first inning by getting Gary Sheffield to ground out to shortstop.





Pat Neshek’s stellar relief effort continues with a strikeout of Magglio Ordonez.

---------------------------------------------

No comments: