Thursday, March 15, 2007

At the movies.

I love this stuff!!!


1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.
Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Raiders of the Lost Ark, A Few Good Men, Beverly Hills Cop, American Beauty and Say Anything.....

2. Name a movie that you’ve seen multiple times in the theater.
Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Terminator.

3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.
Isn’t it obvious given the answers to the first two? Harrison Ford, of course.

4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.
Ben Affleck, George Clooney, Alec Baldwin.

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.
Caddyshack: “So I got that I goin’ for me…which is nice.”

When Harry Met Sally: After being corrected for butchering names, Billy Crystal would say “Right, that’s what I said.”

6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
N/A

7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with.
Uh, I sing along with all of the 80s tunes in The Wedding Singer.

8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.
Without a doubt, United 93.

9. Name a movie that you own.
Just one? OK, I’ll go with the Lord of the Rings trilogy (Yeah, I know. That’s three).

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
Will Smith. From the campy 80s rap “Parents just don’t understand” to great performances in Ali and The Pursuit of Happyness.

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
When I was 13 I saw my first Rated “R” movie in my life at the now defunct Minnehaha drive-in. First Blood was the movie.

12. Ever made out in a movie?
Yes. What’s scary is I can remember the movies and the gals. I made out with (name removed to protect the innocent) while watching Hot Shots in 1991. I then made out with my then-fiancee when we went to see Father of the Bride in 1992.

Eeeeooow, Eeeeooow, T.M.I.!!!

13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it.
World Trade Center.

14. Ever walked out of a movie?
No. There are few where I should have though.

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
I’ve never cried in a theater.

16. Popcorn?
I’ve never cried eating popcorn either.

17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?
About twice per year.

18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
Breach. It’s based on a true story. FBI upstart Eric O'Neill enters into a power game with his boss, Robert Hanssen, an agent who was ultimately convicted of selling secrets to the Soviet Union.

19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
Romantic comedies. I figured it was the best way to start a conversation with women. “Sure I’d fly from Seattle to New York to meet a woman atop the Empire State Building.”

20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
Herbie Rides Again.

21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?
Hope Floats. Whoever thought Harry Connick, Jr. could do a romantic comedy should be drawn and quartered.

22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
American Beauty.

23. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen?
Halloween. The theme music alone is enough to cause my heart to jump into my throat.

24. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen?
The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad. One of my favorite, off-the-wall quotes from that flick: “It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girl dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.”

No comments: