Friday, January 26, 2007

Wolf gets sheepish.

Yes, the Democrat playbook never seems to change. The one play they’ve consistently implemented over the past few years is to alienate moral conservatives from the Republican Party. One of their favorite tactics is to point out the fact that Vice President Dick Cheney’s daughter, Mary, is a lesbian. Despite that fact, the VP has been on record saying he supports the Bush administration’s stance on marriage defined as one woman and one man.

It was the third Presidential debate in 2004 when Democratic candidate John Kerry invoked Mary Cheney’s name. When moderator Bob Schieffer asked the candidates if homosexuality is a choice, Kerry responded:


“We're all God's children, Bob. And I think if you were to talk to Dick Cheney's daughter, who is a lesbian, she would tell you that she's being who she was, she's being who she was born as.”


The Democrat apologists would have us believe that Mary Cheney was the first name which leapt to Kerry’s mind. Hey, it was a hotly contested campaign in ‘04. Certainly we couldn’t have expected Senator Kerry to remember an openly gay, 12-term Congressman from his own state. No, the allusion to Mary was an obvious attempt to quell what was certain to be a larger turnout of morally conservative voters. As Mary’s mom, Lynne, said afterwards, it was “…a cheap and tawdry political trick."

Fast forward to this past Wednesday when VP Cheney appeared on CNN’s “The Situation Room” with Wolf Blitzer.

Blitzer decided to stir up some controversy by reading a statement from the ministry Focus on the Family, which alluded to Mary Cheney’s pregnancy and parental future.

Watch the video for the daggers shooting out of the VP’s eyes!






BLITZER: We're out of time, but a couple of issues I want to raise with you. Your daughter Mary, she's pregnant. All of us are happy. She's going to have a baby. You're going to have another grandchild. Some of the -- some critics, though, are suggesting, for example, a statement from someone representing Focus on the Family:

"Mary Cheney's pregnancy raises the question of what's best for children. Just because it's possible to conceive a child outside of the relationship of a married mother and father, doesn't mean it's best for the child."

Do you want to respond to that?

CHENEY: No, I don't.

BLITZER: She's obviously a good daughter --

CHENEY: I'm delighted -- I'm delighted I'm about to have a sixth grandchild, Wolf, and obviously think the world of both of my daughters and all of my grandchildren. And I think, frankly, you're out of line with that question.

BLITZER: I think all of us appreciate --

CHENEY: I think you're out of -- I think you're out of line with that question.

BLITZER: -- your daughter. We like your daughters. Believe me, I'm very, very sympathetic to Liz and to Mary. I like them both. That was just a question that's come up and it's a responsible, fair question.

CHENEY: I just fundamentally disagree with your perspective.

BLITZER: I want to congratulate you on having another grandchild.

It’s time to call another play, lefties. The last couple times this has been called it resulted in (to use a football analogy) a 10 yard loss.

-------------------------------------------------

No comments: