Sunday, May 17, 2009

Saying goodbye to Bachelor Ben

I was honored to attend a bachelor party for my pal Ben last evening, as he we will be married to the lovely Faith this Saturday. It was great to catch up with my blogging pals John (a/k/a the Father of the Bride), Mark (who will live-blog the wedding at the Night Writer blog), Derek, King David and Dan. I was also honored to meet for the first time Bert "Bike Bubba" Perry, Surly Dave and the father of the groom.

After a time of fellowship (a lot of it spent listening to political pundit David Strom), we played a couple of trivia games and then listed to groomsman Surly Dave impart some Godly words of wisdom on the groom-to-be.

Groom-to-be Ben (right) taking in pearls of wisdom offered up by "Surly Dave".



I must confess that this was the first bachelor party I attended since my "back-slidden" days of the early 1990s. To say Ben's gathering was dramatically different than the one I attended in 1994 would be an understatement. I'll just leave it at that.

I have to say that I am as excited about this wedding as any one I have ever attended (My own is sill my favorite, however). When you see a couple that is about to embark on a wonderful journey in fulfilling God's work, it's an absolute honor and privilege to witness their first step!

------------------------------------------

1 comment:

W.B. Picklesworth said...

Yup, it was a good time. It's amazing how much more fun you can have when you are in control of your faculties.